Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Well, I am having a problem with my iPhone SE. I tried to…

Well, I am having...

Well, I am having a problem with my iPhone SE.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I tried to call the Apple support number, but was told my phone wasn’t éligible for 24-hour support by phone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Are you getting my messages?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, not really. The problem is not even Apple’s. It’s with my cell company and wireless service. They’re driving me crazy.

I was just listening to a live stream from a radio station in Sweden. I happened to look down at my iPhone, and saw the message “Unable to activate Touch ID, or something like that. My screw froze. I had to swipe the screen away. Then I got another message, in Swedish, asking me whether or not I want to skip ads!!!!! What’s going on???????
the only choices I had were to “skip” or “later.” I chose later.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Well, I have told you about all there is to know. Do you need any other information?
The only information I need to know is what in the heck is going on with my iPhone SE? (Latest operating system.)
I think either my cell company or my wireless service is screwing up my phone!
I haven’t been able to make or receive phone calls for a month, because my cell company “pulled the plug” WHILE I WAS MAKING A CALL! I had to reapply, even though I had been guaranteed service until April of 2019! (Just a couple of weeks earlier!)
Can you believe that?
I can’t.
I have called the office of the Attorney General in Illinois, and they are sending me a complaint form.
The company’s name is SafeLink. They have a contract with the government, and with Tracfone wireless. They are completely incompetent. I googled them. And found out. Some of these companies may even be completely fraudulent!
I have had it! And I tried to go with Consumer Cellular. But SafeLink wouldn’t unlock my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have even called the local ABC TV station in Chicago. They investigate things like this!
they get results. No one, not even fraudulent companies, like bad publicity.
3/19/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you explain to me please the issue you are having?

Please let me know

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Well, I believe I have already explained the problem in detail. What more do you need?

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

I am contacting you from my IPhone. Is that all right?

yes, but it is best to resolve it via your computer. Do you have a computer there?

No. I have a 27-inch iMac, but I do not yet have wireless in my home. I am using a pay-by-month plan from Comcast. My iMac is still in the box!
I am a retired computer programmer. So I know a little about computers, you see.
I just don’t have an up-and-running desktop computer.

On the iPhone hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then operates.

Just an iPhone SE; 32gi

I did that. The phone shut down, and then rebooted itself. Is this ok?

yes

It seems to be working, but I cannot really tell if anything was “fixed

If it is now working then it is fixed.