Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I like the Facebook messenger app, I had this ongoing

Customer Question
Hi, I like the...

Hi, I like the Facebook messenger app, I had this ongoing conversation with a crush, and sometimes I would delete the app and re download it and my conversation and pics we sent each other were still there. I was glad, I just deleted the app again yesterday and redownloaded it today to find our entire past conversations and pics were gone, because I think there was a recent update on the app. Is there anyway to download the old version or did my iPhone save any of those pics in iCloud somehow?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don’t know, how do I find that out?

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

I downloaded it from the Apple store on my iphone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That I don’t own a Mac messenger is on my iphone

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 month ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you click on my link below on your computer.

www.facebook.com

And sign into your account there.

Do you see your messages there when you go to messengers on the site?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello thank you for your time. I want to let you know that I do not own or use a computer. I use my iPhone 5s to go on to Facebook. When I am on Facebook and I click on the messages symbol a a new window will pop up asking if I want to go to the App Store to download messenger. So messenger is a whole separate app from Facebook. I have had the messenger app for a little over a month on and off meaning sometimes I delete it off my iPhone. Because I purchased iCloud space whenever I would re-download messenger iCloud saved my past messages and shared pics. What happened was a few days before I deleted the app there had been an update fore messenger I did not know that and I did not update before I deleted it. So when I downloaded messenger what I got was a new updated version of the app, this version will not have my past messages. I was wondering if there is a way that I could somehow download the old version of the app? Or if somehow iCloud saved my messages and pics? I don’t know how to see what’s in iCloud even though I purchased it to free up space on my iPhone.

open safari on the phone, go to http://www.facebook.com/

sign into your account there.

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No they are not there

ok, you are sure you signed into the correct account?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I go to Facebook, yes it will bring me to the mew updated version of the app I just downloaded, this new version will not have my old conversations. I need the old version of the app, is that possible. Do you know anything about iCloud?

Ok, iCloud stores nothing about facebook, if you did the instructions I gave you and no messages where seen there, then they have been removed.

It will not be possible sorry to recovery these, they have been removed from your account.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer