Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife forgot her password, it's been over a year since she…

Customer Question
My wife forgot her...

My wife forgot her password, it's been over a year since she used it, I'd like to surprise her by getting it open, working again & not losing her info or pictures, is that possible?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My apple password ***** the password ***** the iPad?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I'm sorry I do not know what Apple's reset tool?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Um, know I don't thing so...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I could be mistaken but going by how it sounds, you may need to reset the apple id password ***** your wives apple id. This may be tuff because normally the actual owner of the account needs to follow the instructions below as you will also need access to her email that she may have on file with the apple id. You may even need to have her phone to receive a text as sometimes apple sends a text for the reset password ***** Things like that so with that said here is what you would normally need to do but doing it for your wife as a surprise may not work out.

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.