Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Bought a new iPad I forgot my apple password to set it up. I…

Bought a new iPad...

Bought a new iPad butt I forgot my apple password ***** set it up

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don’t think I have changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

That is what I am trying now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I have two iPads my old one and the new one

3/19/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
I followed step one and it said it could not find me. Can you set it up. I have my old iPad with me. Would it be easier to do on that one?

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

I d 739 019 897. Password *****
This should be a simple request. Can this not be done on my iPhone or by a phone call? Very frustrating

yes, via your computer, I tried connecting but the program was closed, can you open it again please

Got help locally. Problem solved
Close request. You were not helpful