Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to redeem an itunes card but it is ages since I went…

Customer Question
I want to redeem...

I want to redeem an itunes card but it is ages since I went to the Appstore and have forgotten my password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

2016

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I tried the password ***** the alternative email address but, since I haven't used that for years, the password ***** an old on and apparently not what I had put into the ipad when I got it about 5 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

As it is an old ipad I want to move my photos on it to my computer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hello! To recover your account and reset the password, please open a web browser on your computer and navigate to: iforgot.apple.com

Where prompted, enter your Apple ID (which is probably your email address). You will also need to enter some text to prove you are not a robot. (Tip: if you can't read the text, just keep clicking until you can.)

The next step will depend on the type of security you have set up for your Apple account. If you have set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication this will involve receiving details via another device.

If you haven't set up either of these extra levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.

Hope that helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know :-)

Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!