Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It won't accept my password to get on the internet or Face…

Customer Question
It won't accept my...

It won't accept my password ***** get on the internet or Face Book, or messenger. When I hold down both buttons it shows my cord , I tunes, and the site here

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Green one in the middle is blinking and the left green and blue are solid

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to keep my data I have saved if possible

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If it is the password ***** your apple id that it is asking for, then you can try and reset your apple id password ***** going to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign into the apple device. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the apple device and make sure you are connected to wifi.

The screen you are referring to with the "cord" and the iTunes logo after holding the home button and top/side buttons, that is called the "recovery mode". It is one thing if you enabled recovery mode on your own which you can just restart your device but if your apple device is stuck in this recovery mode and you can't get out or not sure how to restart, let me know what type of device you have, example:Apple Ipad.

Let me know so we can continue.