Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mother-in-law’s iPhone 5S - when turned on comes up with…

Customer Question
My mother-in-law’s iPhone 5S...

My mother-in-law’s iPhone 5S - when turned on comes up with a black screen & “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes”. W have removed the SIM card, turned on & off & cant get rid of it. How do you “connect to iTunes”??

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes. Will try again for 10 seconds. Didn’t work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How can I fix?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you help me fix?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Help!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No - I can’t get into her phone to do it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She can receive incoming calls, but muted.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Seriously???
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your iphone message. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

The reason it took so long for a reply also is that you made a duplicate. We only need this question open as it is the same issue. I am closing the other out to send to customer support for a refund.

Here is the issue with your phone. You cannot get rid of the message, but one of 2 ways.

You must connect to itunes or you must wipe the phone and know the apple id/email and password ***** is attached

to so you can set it back up.

You will need a mac or windows computer and a usb cord the phone came with if you connect to bypass the message.

Which do you want directions for?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can fix if you just give me steps. This isn’t the device w the problem
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope.

Please look at my reply. There are 2 ways to do this. I will send you both. One moment please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Wait. Can you tell me how the disabled message came up??

It most likely has to do with her login for her apple id/email and password ***** an issue with her phone/update. (its usually an update that she didnt do on the phone and now it is demanding it)

You can connect to itunes with this link for instructions.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203122

If this doesnt work and you must wipe it and restore it, use this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

You can restore her old information with this link after:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204184

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hi. Trying again to fix my mother-in-law’s phone. Same issue. I’m hooked up to computer- to iTunes. Can you help?
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 27 days ago
It is the weekend but I can come in tonight if you give me a time this evening or tomorrow est
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin