Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Lost my iphone and cannot verify my ID when I log into my…

Customer Question
Lost my iphone and...

Lost my iphone and cannot verify my ID when I log into my account with out my device? but I need to check my email? what can I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Long time ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, can it be done with out my device?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to read my email as the location of my phone may be there

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.