Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Forgot my password. Apple IPhone 6(I think) I don’t know. A…

Customer Question
Forgot my password Technician's...

Forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Apple IPhone 6(I think)

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don’t know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

A month or so. I have forgotten the password ********@******.***. I have a new password ***** the account and have tried to use it but it wants the old password.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you have already reset your apple id password, I would try and sign into https://appleid.apple.com/ and see what happens. If you can sign in, you know your apple id account is good. If you can not get in, then you know that you may need to reset your password ***** but make sure to do this at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** again, you can try and sign into https://appleid.apple.com/ again and see what happens. Then if it works, you know your account is good so now you can focus on getting the phone to work. Which if it does not, you may need to force restart the phone first which if its an iphone 6 you would Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn't work make sure your connected to wifi or in cellular signal and try again.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.