Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My new ipad pro is now showing the message ipad disabled…

Customer Question
My new ipad pro...

My new ipad pro is now showing the message ipad disabled connect to itunes. I had previously been locked out because i could not remember my password. i did go onto itunes and change my password ***** that did not solve the problem and now this new message has appeared. what is the fix.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

I did that earlier today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not yet, just need to be able to access the ipad.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was able to connect with iTunes and resolved the problem. No further assistance necessary.

This usually happens if something has happened to your ipads iOS or you have entered the password ***** several times. So the only way to by pass this is to know your apple id and password. Instead of trying to reset your password ***** itunes, try and go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign into the ipad. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the ipad and make sure you are connected to wifi.

If that does not work and its not the apple id and password ***** need but instead you have your ipad disabled because of a 4 to 6 digit passcode then thats a whole different thing as you would then need to put the ipad into recovery mode and bypass the passcode by doing the following. But remember, this is if it was a passcode issue and not an apple id password *****

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is the most important step. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

oh ok sorry just saw your post. Glad your good.

Customer service

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast