Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I get one password for everything. Os x yosemite mac…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get one password ***** everything

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Os x yosemite mac pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac Pro? What have you tried so far?

Just got this computer, it was suppose to be set up for one password ***** it does not work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

In order for me to assist, I will just need to clarify some things.

1. When you say "how do I get one password ***** everything" what exactly do you want to use passwords on? Email, apple id, website accounts, ext?
  2. Then when you say "Just got this computer, it was suppose to be set up for one password ***** it does not work", I am not sure what you are referring to?

All computers need 1 user account created so that the user can sign in and out of the computer. Then there are accounts beyong this 1 user account which there are such things as email accounts that require separate/different usernames and passwords. Also, any app or website may ask for you to sign up/register an account which again this would be a separate username and password ***** from your mac computer and its 1 user account.

These days, it is not really possible to just use 1 password ***** everything. Technically, its not very safe to do so either as then that gives others the easiest possible way to get into your accounts. If you have to for some reason I guess you can always use the same password ***** will need to make different variations of it as its probably not even possible to create the same password ***** everything that needs an account created requires different formats such as lower case letters, numbers, symbols, capital letters, etc.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Let me know if you have any other questions or let me know what you are trying o do so I can help more if needed.