Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have been locked out of my phone / c I couldn’t remember…

Customer Question
Hello, I have been...

Hello, I have been locked out of my phone b/ c I couldn’t remember my iCloud password. I have a call scheduled tonight with tech support. However the number you have is incorrect. I purchased a burner phone to talk to you guys on. I need to resubmit the phone number for you to call me this evening

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A week or so, but I keep my passwords in my notes so I can’t use my phone and was locked out of it b/c I had turned on find my phone

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Apple support told me I couldn’t get back into my account until this evening. My granddaughter set up a call for 6:45 but I believe they are going to call her number instead of the burner phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to set a call with the correct number if that’s possible

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.