Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought a new apple ipad and set it up myself. When I was…

I bought a new...

I bought a new apple ipad and set it up myself. When I was setting it up the screen to create a password ***** came up. I did the touch screen thing and was able to read LDS scriptures, and watch LDS videos and play a game of Risk. I then made the mistake of turning it off using the button on the top. Yesterday when I turned it on it said I needed to put in my password. Since I had not created a password ***** have not been able to get in.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have never had a password.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes and It said I had an error in itunes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not very computer litterite

Hey you guys! I have been waiting for 2 hours for a reply, if you can't help me you had better not charge me!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If your ipad is asking for a password ***** not a 4 to 6 digit passcode, then the password ***** be the password ***** your apple id. If you were able to play a game of risk, at some point your ipad had to get your apple id and password ***** you at some point. But any case what is your apple id so I can see what options we have to reset the password?

******

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Plus, in this case we can not remote into mobile devices anyways so we can chat through these messages instead.

That looks more like a password ***** instead, what is your apple id which is in the form of an email address. like***@******.***

ok

Let me know what your apple id email address is so I can help you reset your password.

*************

Do you have access to whatever number is ‎(•••) •••-••20 and if so please tell me the full number

*********

OK what is the code that was sent to your phone

**************

Now what do I do?

tell me the code please

971429

OK, Apple is very strict on security but the process has started at least for you. I know its not exactly what you wanted to hear but Apple mentioned that it may take up to 24 days for your account to clear and be recovered. See screen shot.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
I hope it works I would hate to flush $350 down the drain.