Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Is there any way ddto get an I-pad 1 updated to a 9.0

Customer Question
Is there any...

Is there any way ddto get an I-pad 1 updated to a 9.0 o[erating system

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

It is 5.5, and under settings it says it is up to ddate

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

This is an oddriginak U pad, and I have not used it for a wwhie, as My children gave me a later one a you [le of years ago,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that if it will work with OS9.0 idk above, I can download the Spectrum TV /app and watch news on my treadmill in the back room

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question.
I just checked and I have bad news.Your first generation iPad cannot be updated beyond iOS 5.1.1.System Requirements for iOS 9.0 and 9.1:iPhone 4s or lateriPad 2 or lateriPad mini or lateriPod touch (5th gen)If this answers your question, I would greatly appreciate it if you please provide me with a positive rating. I do understand that you may be unhappy with my answer, but I want to provide you with a correct and complete answer to your problem.If you have further questions on this issue, please reply here and I will respond.One thing I might suggest is getting the 2nd newest iPad. Usually the latest iPad is sold at a premium price and last year's models can be bought for a better price.