Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I add phone numbers from messages to contacts. I

Customer Question
How do I add...

How do I add phone numbers from messages to contacts

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I phone 5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Just recently I don’t see the arrow to add the number

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your iphone contacts. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Ok ty

Instead of tapping on the "i" in the upper right of the message (where Details used to be in iOS 9), just tap on the actual phone number itself at the top center of the message. You'll be brought to another screen that includes an option to message or call the number, as well as options to Share Contact, Create New Contact, and Add to Existing Contact. (sometimes you have to tap it a few times, especially if you upgraded to the ios 10/11.

Or:

Open Messages. It's a green app that contains a white speech bubble.

Tap a conversation. Select one with a person who you'd like to add to your contacts.

• If Messages opens to a conversation, tap the Back (<) link in the top-left corner to see a list of all your conversations.

Tap ⓘ. It's in the top-right corner of the screen.

Tap the person's phone number. You'll see it at the top of the screen.

• If there are multiple numbers in the conversation you opened, tap the number you wish to add to your contacts.

Tap Create New Contact. This option is near the bottom of the screen.

Choose a reference name. Use the "First name," "Last name," and "Company" fields to name the contact in a meaningful way that you will be able to call up at a later time.

Add additional contact information. Use the labeled fields to add other contact information such as email address, birthday, mailing address, and social media accounts.

Tap Done. It's in the top-right corner of the screen. Now you've saved the information to your iPhone's Contacts.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Hi this doesn’t work
When I tap the screen top right I get a new message option
It still will not work