Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My IPad died. Will not charge. Only bought it new 03/29/17.

My IPad died. Will...

My IPad died. Will not charge. Only bought it new 03/29/17. How long is mtg warranty?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your device (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

No what sre the sleep/wake buttos? Same as volume?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you!

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First, we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at the front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician
Did not work

Connect it to your computer for 20 minutes and then do the same reset. Does it turn on?

Also, what is the serial number of your iPad?

Where do I find the serial number? Also no way of hooking it up to a computer that I know of? I change it from an outlet...

You can use the charging cable to connect it to your computer. The charging cable can be detached from the adapter, and connect that end to computer.

If that didn't work, then you can take it to the Apple Store and they will either replace the iPad or fix the issue without any cost since it is under 1-year warranty.

Thank you

No problem