Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I try to play a movie I rented on itunes I get a

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to play a movie I rented on itunes I get a message that says you can not redownload this movie

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Don’t know

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

Don’t understand question

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

When you rent a movie from iTunes, you have a limited time period to view it: it must be viewed within 30 days, and you have 48 hours to watch the movie (albeit as many times as you want to within that window) from the time you first hit "play." Perchance, could either of those time periods have elapsed?

Wromg

Another thing that may cause this issue is that rented movies can be downloaded to only a single device at one time; so if it was downloaded to an iPad, it couldn't be downloaded to an Apple TV at the same time. One "gotcha" here is that this also applies to devices that have been restored; that is, if you downloaded to an iPad, and then had to reset/restore that iPad, you would not be able to re-downloaded the movie again to that device. Would either of those situations be applicable to what you are experiencing?