Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I get rid of hgomaps.co. MacOS HighSierra version…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get rid of hgomaps.co

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Apple device?

MacOS HighSierra version 10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

Where do i find that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Download and scan your Mac with this application named Malwarebytes --> https://www.malwarebytes.org/mac-download/

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install it. After installing, you will see a small M icon at the top bar left to WiFi, Bluetooth etc. Click it and Stat Scan. Or open Malwarebytes from Applications folder and do a scan.

That Malwarebytes application can remove that malware/adware in a few seconds.

Make sure Safari is closed when you do this. After removing that adware/malware using Malwarebytes, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Preferences. Click on the Search tab and change the search engine to Google or anything you want.

Then click on the General tab, and change the homepage to www.google.com or www.apple.com or to any site you want.

Also, restart your Mac if Malwarebytes requires it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.