Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It is an ipad and it says: "Warning, virus alert call

Hi Pearl, my name...

Hi Pearl, my name is*****: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is an ipad and it says: "Warning, virus alert call Apple".

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It just happened and all is OK until I try to get online.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It gives me a phone number: 1-***-***-**** but I don't know if that is an Apple number or a scam.

3/18/2018
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Please hold the sleep/wake and the home button together until the iPad turns off, continue holding the buttons till the iPad turns back on. Then, go to Settings and clear Safari's cache and history. This msg is fake.

Thanks Kamil, It looks like it is un-locked now since I can get onto the internet.
I do not need to switch to a Secure Remote Assistance.
I am very satisfied with the answer Kamil gave me.

Remote assistant is an advertisment, please ignore it.

Since the issue is resolved, we're good now.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist