Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It has the activation lock on and I don't remember my old…

Hi Mike it has...

Hi Mike it has the activation lock on and I don't remember my old password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Abot two weeks ago however it says it wants the original password ***** I initially used

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No not sure how to do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks I have a mini I pad

3/18/2018
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Josh, Mac Support
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please
Richard Freese
Richard Freese, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. Do you still need assistance, or is Josh helping you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At this stage no one I clicked on the Secure Remote Assistance?

Okay. I am happy to assist you. Give me a minutes to review your problem. B right back with you here on this chat.

Okay so, it looks like you need to enter your 4 or 6 digit passcode. Do you remember setting that when you configured you iPad?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Okay. Is it asking for the passcode to sign on to you iPad right now?

Okay. So the only way out of that is to do a factory restore. Do you have a PC handy that you can download iTunes to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm using it at present?

Cool. Download iTunes. Download it from here:

https://www.apple.com/itunes/?cid=OAS-US-DOMAINS-itunes.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok then what do I do?

Go ahead i n install iTunes. And then get your iPad and and the charge cable and connect the cable to a USB port on you PC. Once it is plugged in, start iTunes.

iTunes should automatically detect you iPad once it's connected.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you will try ?

Cool. Let me know when you need additional assistance. I will standby.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It seems to be stuck on the Pictures folder? do I just leave it?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will get my husband to try and follow with you?

Hello. Are you still there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Richard, it is husband Barry here.
Have down loaded and updated iTunes whilst connected to iPad, and a restart was called for and done.
iPad has at times shown drop down boxes after screen drops off and then refreshed - 'iPad not set up' and have clicked 'Continue'.
Then later 'Trust this computer - trust or not trust' and clicked trustBack to you for further info

Try using these instruction to restore the iPad to factory settings. I will again standby.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Done that and suggesting back up either cloud or iTunes - is it okay to back up in iTunes and talks of a password ***** would this be a new one or does it mean the one that Marie has no clue of what it was which started this whole process.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Back up required on iPad itself but the problem is we cannot open it at this stage

Does she have anything on the iPad she wants to save?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am afraid she wants it all saved

That's an image of what you should see. Just to the right of the "Music" button. Click it once and then select restore iPad. This will take you back to the beginning when you took the iPad out of the box to configure it. Just remember the passcode you used and you won't have any problems.

When you click on that icon. you will have the option of restore or backup now in the panel below. You can back it up that way and then use the restore after you finish configuring it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** you talking about on the iPad or our PC to which we have connected the iPad via a usb cord. If talking about the iPad we cannot open it to do anything.

I iTunes up and running on your PC?

I can send you a link so I can connect to you remotely and get you going if you want.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
have downloaded iTunes a while ago and just opened up and responds with Activation Lock so back to where we started

Do you want me connect remotely and see what's going on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sounds like a good plan

Okay. Here is the link. Be sure to accept and allow the .net to load. I will be waiting.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=21556a83-a2ab-4eea-968c-576990250926

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do I click run or download

Let me know if you have problems. You should be able to click and join the session yes. click to download.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
clicked download but still the drop box to run etc

Yes run it.

Case is resolved.

Josh, Mac Support