Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 10 just turned off. I’ve googled how to fix and it…

Customer Question
My iPhone 10 just...

My iPhone 10 just turned off. I’ve googled how to fix and it won’t come back on. Very frustrating as you can understand

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

First of all, press and quickly release the volume up button then press and quickly release volume down key and lastly press and hold the side button until the recovery mode is shown up on your screen. Don’t release it till the Apple logo appears and hold until the recovery mode shown up.

If that does not work you can try and put the iphone into recovery mode by doing the following:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the connect to iTunes screen.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.