Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can get my iPod open to home. About 2 year. We had the…

Customer Question
I can get my...

I can get my iPod open to home

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

About 2 year

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

We had the screen fix and I got it fix and after that we for got the pass code and I had someone to fix it now it's say need the Apple ID and password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Who is the im not to good on this

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If the ipod is asking for the apple id and password ***** it is your account, you can go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If it is an apple id of someone else, you would have to get that person to either give you that information or you can ask them to do the following. If you can not get them to do this then you will not be able to use this device as you cant bypass an apple id and password ***** a "passcode" which is 4-6 digits.

If the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.