Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Ipad has said "Ipad down. Wait 15 mionutes" I have had…

Customer Question
My Ipad has said...

My Ipad has said "Ipad down. Wait 15 mionutes" I have had this problem for 24 hours now. 15 minutes is not working.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I don't know what you mean.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for 24 hours. I have shut it down completely twice today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I sometimes get huge gigantic letters and numbers on my Ipad. Can you tell me what causes that and what is the best way to bring it back to normal.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

You'll see this screen on your iPad if your passcode has been entered incorrectly a number of times. If you know the correct passcode, you should be able to enter it and regain access to your device. If your iPad is not recognizing the passcode that you're entering, you will need to reset it.

Follow these steps to place your iOS device into recovery mode. If your iOS device is already in recovery mode, you can proceed immediately to step 6.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and leave

one end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.

2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds

until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

* If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the

Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off,

release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.

3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the

device. The device should turn on. Note: If you see the battery charge warning,

let the device charge for at least ten minutes, and then start with step 2 again.

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

When this screen appears you can release the Home button:

5. If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert:

6. Use iTunes to restore the device.

Note that this will erase your iPad and set it back to the way it was when new. If you've been backing up your device to iCloud or iTunes, you will have the opportunity to restore that backup; otherwise, your apps, etc., will need reinstalled.

Hope that helps!

I got it fixed before I got your answer. I will not use you again!