Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My daughter set me up with the finger touch. Well I don’t…

Mike my daughter set...

Mike my daughter set me up with the finger touch. Well I don’t like it . Have tried numerous times to put my thumb on it to buy tokens for my game and can’t. Can u please help me to go back to just simply putting in my password? I have an Apple pro & an I phone thank u

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pro? What about your iPhone?

IPhone is the one before the 10 and Apple pro is a big one

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried with your Pro?

Just simply placing my thump dead center, to the side, pressing hard,pressing soft. One time today all of a sudden it asked me for my password ***** I was able to purchase tokens now I can’t seem to get it to accept my fat thumb

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it in a nutshell

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi there! Here's how to permanently turn off Touch ID on your iPhone:

1. Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone
  2. Go to “Touch ID & Passcode” and authenticate with your passcode as usual
  3. Under the ‘Use Touch ID for:’ section, flip the switches as necessary to turn off Touch ID (turn it off for all settings if you want to completely disable the feature):
    • iPhone Unlock (or iPad Unlock) – turn this off to disable Touch ID to unlock and access the device
    • Apple Pay – toggle off to prevent Touch ID being used for making Apple Pay purchases
    • iTunes & App Store – toggle this off to disable Touch ID being used for App Store and iTunes purchases
  4. Insure that you have enabled a pass code and are using one, then exit out of Settings as usual

Don’t forget that you can always reverse course on the iPhone or iPad and setup Touch ID for unlocking again if you decide to use the fingerprint authentication again in the future.

Gosh, i am at dinner now. Will these instructions stay on here so i can fix later when i get home?
Thank you for making it simple.
Thank you

Yep, they won't disappear! When you're ready, simply return to my.justanswer.com and you can return right back to where we're leaving off.

Have a great dinner!

can u do it now for me?

I'm afraid we're unable to remotely connect to your iPhone to perform the service (our remote assistance service only works on Windows computers), but we'll be here to answer any questions you have when you're ready to step through the directions I previously left.

Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Ok thanks . I will fix it when i get home. Thank you.