Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought a used 2010 MacBook air, the person I bought it…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I bought...

Second opinion] I bought a used 2010 MacBook air, the person I bought it from apparently uninstalled the lion os and when I put my apple id and password ***** it tells me I haven't used my id in app store. Can u please help?. I've bought a couple used before and never came across this, thank you

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I changed it just a few minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I'm not sure, I've tried about all of my options though

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't guess so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 4 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I do. Sorry for the wait, I just got in from work

What is the exact error message?

It says review your account. I've triple checked my account and payment info and its all correct. I won't bring it up again just to get Verbatim what it says though to be sure
It says this Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store

If you've just created a new Apple ID, and it is giving you the message "This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store", it is because you have to set your billing and shipping address in your account information.

Login to appleid, go to "Payment & Shipping" and set your address for both Billing and Shipping.

I just filled out the shipping info, anything else before I try? I already had my credit card info and billing address filled out

No, try it now

It says "please review your account information" still, wtf
I have checked all my account information multiple times and I don't know what to be missing after filling out my billing info

Have you contacted Apple?

No I haven't

Since this is an account issue, I would recommend contacting Apple.