Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have misplaced my Activation password. I think it is a…

Customer Question
I have misplaced my...

I have misplaced my Activation password

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I think it is a IPod 5

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

Approximately 18months

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

It was working this morning and I switched it off. Returned home and it would not connect to my wifi network. I reset it then it asked me for Apple ID. I entered my normal email address, fkobus&gmail.com, however it did not accept any passwords I normally use.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your applie id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Mac Support Specialist