Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When receiving incoming calls iphone 8 does not ring. Same…

When receiving incoming calls...

When receiving incoming calls iphone 8 does not ring. Same with text sounds

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I am not sure. How do I tell

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It has been at LEAST 3 weeks. So far have just tried to reboot phone. I think my settings are correct as when I got to the sounds that have been set they do sound

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I would just like to get the phone working again. I was in South America with the phone basically the entire month of January. Could that have anything to do with it

3/17/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Make sure the silent switch of your iPhone is not turned on. It is on the left side, above the volume buttons. If it is showing red, then switch it back. Red on it means it is muted. Then check if it is ringing now.

If that didn't work, then it must be some settings. So we can reset the settings. Go to Settings> General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset ringtone settings, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc. You will have to connect to your Wi-Fi after resetting all settings.

Call from another phone and check if it is ringing now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician