Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to update my MacBook Pro, I got caught in the

Customer Question
Trying to update my...

Trying to update my MacBook Pro, I got caught in the confusion of "password" and "passcode." This is all under the heading of using the iCloud to store and protect data. Now I'm being asked for the 6-digit code I use to open my iPhone. Not sure what that is. Not able to insert any numbers in this form at all.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have had this password ***** the beginning. Just started to sign onto the cloud today.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't think so. How does that work?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not for now. Just want to get back to using this cloud system. Two item identification is hanging me up

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Are we any closer to an answer?
3/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.