Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Apple Id won't work. We have several. A Mac Mini two

Apple Id won't work ...

Apple Id won't work

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

We have several. A Mac Mini two I-phones, two I-pads and one I-pod. We had a Geek Squader here yesterday and she created a new ID for us. I saw here do it. Now when we turn on our apple equipment it says we need to enter our Apple ID and when we do it indicates that our ID is wrong. That is what it was doing before we created the new apple ID.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

A little wordy but I have stated the gist.

3/17/2018
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I’ll wait

It sounds like what happened was that you had an older apple id and password ***** couldn't sign into it at the time the geek squader was there. So they created you a new apple id and password ***** you to use. However, if this was the case, it doesn't really work like that. If an apple device is asking for the apple id and password ***** the old account it will continue to ask for it no matter if you create 10 more new apple id accounts. Therefore, you will need to double check and make sure what apple id the device is asking for. Is it asking for the old apple id or the new apple ID that was created by the geek squader.

Here is what you can do i you know the apple id already and just need to reset the password:

please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Here is what you can do if you need to know the apple id. It is similar then above but different see pic attached to this message.

please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and click the "look it up" link on this page.

I goofed. It was a new pass word that was created. Not an I D. When we enter the new pass word it says it’s not write. Sorry
The old pass word was 17Infamily and the new one is 3 Gunkokay
Our ID has always been***@******.***

Do you still have the phone number ‎(•••) •••-••70 and if so what is it? Just so we can reset the password ***** this apple id

That phone no is good

OK then you will need to try and go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue and see if you can answer your security questions so you can reset your password.

If you think you have the right/correct password ***** your apple id already then see if you can sign into https://appleid.apple.com/ and let me know what happens. If you can get in, your account is good. If not, you will need to reset the password ***** matter what.

I said it wrong . It is a good phone number
to make it clear(###) ###-####works
any thing happening?
are you there?

sorry still here let me try this then one moment.

Ok please let me know the 6 digit code that you should receive on your phone(###) ###-####/p>

okay

Did you receive the code on the phone(###) ###-####

that number should be e-mailed to me? I don't see it

no not emailed but sent to the phone(###) ###-####that you said is good.

We may need to try and send another code due to the fact that it may have timed out since its been awhile.

Now what

I resent the text let me know if you get it

last code received 1:42

what is the code please.

588729

The session timed out please tell me exactly when the code gets there please.

279221

OK thank you. It looks like Apple is requesting your credit card number and expiration date so I am going to need for you to go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and enter your apple id***@******.*** and enter the onscreen code and hit continue. Then choose to reset the password ***** a trusted phone number. Type in(###) ###-####and then when you receive the code again type in the code. Then it will ask for you to enter your credit card info. I just thought you would rather enter this personal info into the site instead of me. Let me know what happens when you are done. It should let you know when your apple id password ***** be available for reset.

It says I have a new Password. As to all other devices will I just enter the new Password ***** each of them? Thanks for your
help.

YEs, now that you have created a new password ***** will need to use the new password ***** any apple device and computer that uses the same apple id of***@******.***.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

The stars will twinkle by your name.

:) haha thank you very much. Just glad I could help. Take care.

I am not "twinkling" yet :) Just kidding. Take your time and enjoy your day.

Thanks for your time.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast