Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I rcvd a msg from apple last nite saying someone has d

Customer Question
I rcvd a msg...

I rcvd a msg from apple last nite saying someone has d installed messaging and FaceTime using my Apple ID. What in layman terms does this mean?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Some months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Have I been hacked?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 month ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That means someone else has access to your Apple ID and password. Since you got the message, you should immediately change your Apple ID password. You can change it from the official site, here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

You should also enable the Apple's two step verification security measure. This will protect your Apple ID from hacking. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

You should also change your email password. What is your email ID? I will send instructions to reset Apple ID password.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician