Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I believe that my MacBook has been hacked by someone with a…

Customer Question
I believe that my...

I believe that my MacBook has been hacked by someone with a heavy Indian accent.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook?

Mac OS High Sierra Macair 15 inch 2017 serial CO2T3EXJ1WL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

It was broken into last Monday March 13 and has been acting erratically ever since.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I received a phonecall from a guy with an Indian accent who said he was from MAcKeeper and he would clean up my computer if I allowed him access to my screen. I Know I am a dummy but I allowed him access. I eventually hung up on him but he did get access.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First thing to do is access your Apple ID account and change your password. If you do not know your password ***** do the following:

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Then next go into your applications and delete any that you do not recognize as installed by you.

Then change the password ***** the account you use to login to your Mac.

Then reboot and test to see if it starts working normally.

Please let me know if you need additional details with any of the steps.