Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife, Marilyn is asked to login to iTunes but the Apple…

Customer Question
My wife, Marilyn is...

My wife, Marilyn is asked to login to iTunes but the Apple ID is not valid. I went in to get the Apple ID following the prompts. The message I get is Apple ID found. It is Marilyn's old email address. I put that in and get the message .... that is not an apple ID. Marilyn's Apple ID needs to be changed because that email address does not exist anymore but Apple does not recognize the Apple ID they gave me so now I am at an impasse.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My wife never changed her Apple ID before. My wife has an iPad and rarely ever uses this computer but now she will be using it regularly.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Never heard of it, although all these prompts I thought would have benn the online tool/

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so at this point.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Please go to the link below, and let me know if you are able to sign in with your apple id.

appleid.apple.com

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.