Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iMac that won’t seem to start up. After turning…

Customer Question
Hello,I have an iMac that...
Hello,I have an iMac that won’t seem to start up. After turning the machine on and choosing the user account that I want to log in with - it allows me to enter my name and password, and then goes to a screen that looks as though it’s booting up - but it just doesn’t. I’ve included a photo that shows the screen that it is stuck on. I’ve powered it off and on about 5 different times now, and have gotten the same results each time. Is there anything that you can recommend that I do?Thanks!
~Kelley
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue.

Please try the following steps one by one, in order:

Reset your Mac's SMC:

• Hold down the <shift><control><option> keys and then, press the power button. Hold all of them for, at least, 10 seconds.

Reset your Mac's NVRAM:

• Hold down the <option><command><P><R> keys and then, press the power button. Hold all of them for, at least, 10 seconds.

Please reply and let me now if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Just let me know if that worked and if you have any questions.

Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert