Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an apple i pad and for some reason it says could not…

Customer Question
I have an apple...

I have an apple i pad and for some reason it says could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. I have tried several times. thank you.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Recently and don't wish to change it again.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do i do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then restart your iPad after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.