Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am having a hard time getting my iPhone started. I forgot…

Customer Question
Hi, I am having...

Hi, I am having a hard time getting my iPhone started. I forgot my Apple ID password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I am not too sure. I have been using a android for a couple years.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No? How would i get there?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Follow these steps to reset your Apple ID Password. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

1. Click on this link and open it in a new browser window.
  2. Enter the email address you used for the Apple ID
  3. Choose to Reset Your Password
  4. Choose to have an email sent to you
  5. Open your email and click the link, and then enter a new password ***** your Apple ID
The whole thing is i don’t remember my password ***** my Apple ID!!! So i can not open my Apple ID email. I have had a Samsung for the past couple years and just recently decided to go back to Apple. So would i have to put my SIM card back into my Samsung to get my text for my new password?

Well, that is the point of resetting it. You don't need the password ***** your Apple ID to reset the password ***** your Apple ID... you are resetting it.