Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It says support Apple.com/iPhone/restore and has the iTunes…

Hi Paul. it says...

Hi Paul. it says support Apple.com/iPhone/restore and has the iTunes symbol

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I am not sure sorry it's an IPhone 5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Just this afternoon. I googled what to do and they said hold down home and side button to reset but that hasn't worked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/17/2018
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

What your iphone needs is to be restored while in recovery mode. Here is how.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is the most important step. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Jon. When I plug it into my computer it says" you may be a victim of software counterfeiting

Oh ok I can remote in and check it out then

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you able to call me on###-##-####

When I remote in I can text chat at the same time but I am not able to make a phone call at this time. Would you liek a call from another expert instead.? Let me know or we can proceed with the remote assist when you are ready.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you mean remote into my computer

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok my computer is switched on now

In order to remote assist I just need you to do the following on your computer:

1. Click this link: https://join.zoho.com/345323311

2. Click the “download’ button

3. Open the downloaded file

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I have downloaded but it didn't say open it save or cancel

OK you just need to find where the file actually downloaded so you can open this file as inside there is a orange Z icon you need to open so we can connect.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I think I have found where it downloaded to but when I click on it it says open file security warning and you can click on run or cancel is this what it should say and I click on run.

Yes run

I have not heard anything but I believe we live in 2 different countries so I am not sure the time of day it is there so no need to rush I just wanted to check in and see if you were able to restore your ipad. I am not sure what else we may be able to do if your internet continues to not download the iOS we need to fix your issue. Anyways, hope your day is going ok and let me know what happens. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Jon, I was very disappointed that I was unable to get my phone fixed. The same picture on my phoned remained. So it cost me a lot of money for nothing.

Did your internet connection allow you to successfully download the file from itunes? Also, were you able to put the iphone in recovery mode and then let the itunes process continue. If you were not in recovery mode at the time then yes it will not work. At any rate if you are not able to complete this here is our customer service information.

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it did allow the download but the iPhone was totally frozen and I was unable to do anything with it. On Monday I took it into the company I purchased it from and ended up having to buy a new phone. Thanks for your help anyway.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast