Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I down load the up grade ,then as they ask fore my Apple…

Customer Question
I down load the...

I down load the up grade ,then as they ask fore my Apple pass code that I forgot

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Long time aggo

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes but I don't have access to the e mail that I put in there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How I can UN lock my phone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

The only way to bypass the passcode is to erase the iPhone while in recovery mode.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step.
  4. I am not sure what version of your iphone it is but please try one of the following first:
  5. On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  6. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  7. On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  8. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

or

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. click Erase [device].

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.