Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Don't remember how to eject the G Drive mobile usb from my…

Customer Question
Don't remember how to...

Don't remember how to eject the G Drive mobile usb from my macbook air

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

Looking for an icon to eject it properly

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you see the USB drive icon on your desktop you can drag this icon to the "trash" on your doc. This does not delete but instead turns into "eject".

You can also control click the USB drive icon on your desktop and choose to eject. If you do not see the drive on your desktop you can double click the hard drive icon and look for the drive in the left side menu. If there, click the eject logo next to the drive name.

If you still do not see the usb icon on your desktop, make sure to click in any empty space on your desktop then choose "finder" at the top of the screen and choose preferences. Then on the general section, make sure external disks are checked

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.