Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When using safari I get an ad that I have won a prize from…

When using safari I...

When using safari I get an ad that Sara I have won a prize from amazon. I can not close it and it essianall disables safari. I restart safari and it returns. By clearing website data it works for a while then returns

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Safari?

I don’t remember but it should be up to date

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Safari?

Going to settings and delete website data. Made sure pop ups turned off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Is this safari on an apple device or a mac computer? I am assuming you are trying what you have so far on an apple device. Which all that you have tried sounds good. So if you have already tried going to settings/safari/clear history and website data then you should try and go to the same place but a little different:

settings/safari/advanced/website data and see if anything is in this list. If so, scroll down to the very bottom of this screen and choose "remove all sites", and then"remove now"

If all else fails, you can always restore your iphone back to factory settings by going to settings/general/reset/erase all content and settings but only do this if you have a previous backup from icloud or itunes.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is on an iPad Pro. I did the advanced/website data removal. If I have to I will restore factory settings. Everything I have on here is on my Mac computer. Thanks for your help.

Your welcome. Take care.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast