Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a apple ipad but cannot get ino it.Message comes up…

Customer Question
I have a apple...

I have a apple ipad but cannot get ino it.Message comes up ipad is disabled . I switch it on and then press the button togo into it and you get nothing apart from this message can not getanything else on it. We had everything on it until we switched it off and back on. It is a second hand ipad but it was working OK with allwe put on it.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

We are on wifi and sattelitte .

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

It is a apple ipad. message also comes up siri is not available no internet connection

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 5 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple iPad, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,