Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgotten my password. How can I reset. It has been 2…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password. How can I reset

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It has been 2 or 3 years

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Where can I find that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Mmn No. That's all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Your Apple id and password ***** used for all Apple devices (iPods, iPads, iPhones, Apple TV, Mac computers, etc) and all Apple products including iTunes, and iCloud. Your ID is usually an email address. Please open a web browser and go to https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. You can choose to have recovery information sent by text, or email or choose "answer security questions" if you have previously set these options up. This should allow you to regain access to your account

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please let me know as there may be an alternate method that we can use. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!