Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can I use the model and #s on my iPhone to identify the

Customer Question
Can I use the...

Can I use the model and #s on my iPhone to identify the purchase date of my iPhone in the store?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

What is OS? aol?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to determine when it was purchased.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 5 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Yes, you can. Apple Store employees can use your iPhone's serial # to lookup the purchase date, or you can use this website:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/us/en/

...to type in your own serial #, and then discover your purchase date by subtracting 1 year from the stated "warranty end date."

Hope that helps!

Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!