Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Totally confused. Passport changes not working. keeps asking…

Customer Question
Totally confused. Passport changes...

Totally confused. Passport changes not working. keeps asking me to sign in to iTunes and will not accept passwords. I have tried changing but no luck.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Can I have the trusted phone number which ends with ‎(•••) •••-••71?

OK

You can now reset your password ***** one of your devices. A message with instructions has been sent to Cathern's iPhone (iPhone 5c), Cathern Loadman’s MacBook Pro(MacBook Pro 13"), and your other device. Once the reset is done, please let me know.

Now I cannot access my Mac. Noy accepting my
Password
Are you still available?

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 5 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

Hello

My name is David.
By performing the following procedure you can reset the password:

Reboot your computer.

Press the Command and R keys at the same time immediately when the computer initially starts and hold them until you see the Apple logo.

Wait until the computer boots into Recovery Mode.

Click the Utilities tab in the top menu bar.

Select Terminal

Type resetpassword ***** the terminal window and press Enter.

Close the Terminal window.

In the Reset Password ***** that is now visible, select a user account and type in a new password.

Click Save and then click the Apple menu and select the restart option.

When the computer boots, login with the new password.

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Thanks,

David.

Very nervous and inexperienced. Charged $39. and 2x$5.00 but no control by you of my screen. What now?

Did you follow the procedure I posted above? If so are you now able to login to your Mac?

Also, are you now able to login to your Apple ID account?

No because I my computer would not accept my password *****
How to select a user to reset password

Were you able to access the command terminal following the instructions above?

Don't understand this mess. Is there difference between Apple id and iTunes passwords? That seems to be where trouble started. A box keeps coming up telling me to sign in with password.

The iTunes password ***** ***** Apple ID password.

To reset your Apple ID password ***** the following:

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

I changed password ***** entry to computer successfully. Is this my Apple ID?
Excellent! The Apple ID username and password ***** ***** for iTunes, Apple cloud services and also for things like resetting your password ***** your computer - the computer account password ***** Apple ID password ***** be the same password.
So do you need further assistance?
Also please remember to provide a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 star) - thanks!