Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I-pad is locked. Don't remember changing either but my

Customer Question
I-pad is locked Technician's...

I-pad is locked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Don't remember changing either but my husband also uses the i pad.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

We have been trying to unlock this for about a week have been putting in lots of different and none would work Also had grandson working on it but didn't work. The person that works on our home computer told us he thought the Apple id was the home email address, but when I put it in tonight it came up on the screen cannot be used to unlock this iPad I don't know much about computers or ipad either

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

It's for the I pad and when I turn it on it states that activation Lock
I have gotten 2 messages on my phone which I can not open from Mac Support Specialist
At this point I am not sure what the Apple Id or the password ***** this ipad is I only know it locked up.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or a iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the same Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Mac Support Specialist: Richard Freese, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Richard Freese
Richard Freese, Mac Enthusiast

Hello;

Are you still having issues with your iPad?

I just want to end this whole thing because I am not getting anything accomplished, cannot open the things being sent to my
phone. Do not understand how you are going to remote into the ipad when I can not unlock it to let you into it.

I sent you an answer earlier but I also said upfront to please ignore any automated offers for remote assistance. Did you get my answer? I shall send it here again.

http://iforgot.apple.com/

Thanks and good luck,

Thanks but this just is not working

If you tell me where you are having trouble on the given site, I'd be happy to help walk you through it if i can.

Looks like John is assisting you already. I will opt out.