Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want technical help not an attorney. It is an I pad mini.

Customer Question
I want technical help...

I want technical help not an attorney.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is an I pad mini. I have not used it for a while so it is locked. I put my user id in and then my password ***** it not accept the password. How do I log in

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

To clarify; this is the password ***** your Apple ID that you are having an issue with?

Thanks,

You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or a iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,