Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can’t remember my Apple password, Can you please help me?

Customer Question
I can’t remember my...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a year ago. And I’m in Colombia, South America, so I always use my iPad.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Please help me do that. I don’t even know if I have that tool.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you so very much for anything you can do!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today.

To reset your appleID Password:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin) and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead below.
  2. Enter your Apple ID.
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose how to reset your password:

After you reset your password, you'll be asked to sign in again with your new password. You also might need to update your password ***** Settings on your devices.

Two-factor authentication method:

If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, you can reset your password ***** any trusted iPhone, iPad, Pod touch, or Mac with a password ***** passcode that's enabled.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Make sure that your device has iOS 10 or later.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen steps to update your password. For iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen steps.

If you are having issues here, You might not be signed in to iCloud. Open Settings and tap "Sign in to your [device]"> "Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it," then follow the onscreen steps. For iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.

On your Mac:

1. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Choose Account Details.
  3. If you're asked to enter your Apple ID password, click "Forgot Apple ID or password" and follow the onscreen instructions. You can skip the final steps below.
  4. Click Security > Reset Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password ***** to unlock your Mac.

If you are having issues, You might not be signed in to iCloud. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud. Click "Forgot Apple ID or password" and follow the onscreen steps.|

Please let me know if you have any further questions,or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie