Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Got a message I have Pegasus virus on my tablet. Told to…

Customer Question
Got a message I...

Got a message I have Pegasus virus on my tablet. Told to call*********** Please help.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

About four years old. It is an apple tablet.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your?

Do you mean google?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just got the message.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Don't worry. That is a SCAM message and that is been there for many years. iPads are invulnerable to viruses out there. Follow the steps below to remove that message.

Just press the Home button and it will close the message. Then without opening Safari, open Settings app, select Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data button. Press home button to close that screen. That should remove the scam message. You can now open Safari without getting that message.

If you got this message as email, then simply delete that email. If you got this message in any other app, let me know.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.