Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have received several phone calls from Apple regarding my…

Customer Question
I have received several...

I have received several phone calls from Apple regarding my IPad iCloud account. They said my iCloud account has beef compromised. The number they called from is(###) ###-####and wonder if it is legit or a scam before I give them any information. I hung up on them the first time and now they just keep calling and I won't answer. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

How would I find out?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Hanen't tried anything. They first contacted me today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

They are SCAM calls. Don't do anything they say or provide them any info. If you are keep getting them, tell them you will file a comlaint against them. There are also scam emails as well. You may get them as well. Always ignore these kinds of calls and messages.

Since you got the call, you should immediately change your Apple ID password. You can change it from the official site, here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

You should also enable the Apple's two step verification security measure. This will protect your Apple ID from hacking. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.