Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Dad died, password not known, want to get it going for mom…

Customer Question
Dad died, password *****...

Dad died, password ***** known, want to get it going for mom so want to reset all info but cannot get past Apple ID -password ***** can you help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably years ago when first got his I Pad

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes but because we do not have other passwords does no good to send to his email

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to redo the password ***** I can reset pad

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it. Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. Apple ID is normally an email address which is register with the apple.

Do you an access to your father's gmail account(*****@******.***)?

Will you be able to help? Not the password ***** is our problem. Need to reset somehow or bypass current password
Can you help by pass so we can reset

If you have an access to your father's gmail account(*****@******.***)? I can send you the reset link to his email account.

The email account is not actually used has to go to***@******.*** and i am not given that option. Roylacrs2 goes no where so I cannot retrieve email sent