Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just received notice of the purchase of Wonder Woman for…

Customer Question
I just received notice...

I just received notice of the purchase of Wonder Woman for $19.99, using my Apple account. Nobody in my family did that. I also can’t get into my Apple account because I have lost my password. When I click the link for forgotten password, a screen comes up asking for all of my personal info, including SSN and credit card #*****

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It could have been a few months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not sure where that is, but how do that without a password?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

There have been a lot of these scam emails going around lately and they will ask you for personal information like your social security number or other personal information. Apple would never ask you for information like this.

Make sure you can sign in here https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and if you can go ahead and delete that email. If you cannot sign in reset your password. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.